- Year of production: 1960
- Engine: 1.991 c.c.
- HP: 100 cv
- RPM: 4800
- Seats: n°2
- Service: Self drive hire of Triumph TR3
The Triumph TR3 is a sports car produced between 1955 and 1962 by Standard-Triumph in England. The facelifted variant, popularly but unofficially known as the TR3A, entered production in 1957 and the final version, unofficially the TR3B, was produced in 1962.
The car was powered by a 1991 cc straight-4 OHV engine initially producing 95 bhp (71 kW; 96 PS), an increase of 5 hp over the TR2 thanks to the larger SU-H6 carburettors fitted. The four-speed manual gearbox could be supplemented by an overdrive unit on the top three ratios, electrically operated and controlled by a switch on the dashboard. In 1956 the front brakes were changed from drums to discs, the TR3 thus becoming the first British series production car to be so fitted.
The TR3 is a true roadster, designed for sunny weather but with removable rain protection. It has a convertible hood (US top) that snaps on and off and removable side curtains, allowing very low doors with padding for the driver's arm to rest on. There are holes in the floor, with rubber plugs, so that the originally supplied jack might be used from inside the car, as did the Jaguar XK120. The optional heater was poor and the shut-off valve was under the bonnet (US hood).
In June 1977, the American Road & Track magazine published an article titled "Driving Impressions: TR3A & TR250" in its 30th anniversary issue. It published a 0–60 mph time of 12.0 seconds, power output of 100 bhp (75 kW) at 4800 rpm, and fuel consumption of 10 liters / 100 km.
|1 day||euro 450,00|
|2 days||euro 620,00|
|3 days||euro 780,00|
|extra day||euro 150,00|
- self-drive rental
- technical assistance
- insurance coverage (civil liability, fire and theft)
- one rental day: delivery from 09:00 and pick up until 19:00 at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- two or more rental days: delivery from 09:00 on the first day and pick up until 19:00 on the last day at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- promotional “Just Married” rental: delivery from 17:00 the day before the ceremony and pick up until 17:00 the day before the ceremony at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- 150 km for each day (km in excess extra cost of € 1.00 per km)
- Leather gloves for driver and vintage sunglasses for ladies
- Maps and suggested tours about the area
Prices do not include:
- full insurance coverage (kasko) for all damage to the car: € 40.00 for one day; € 70.00 for two days, € 90.00 for 3 days; etc; excess (franchise) of 10% of damage; minimum € 200.00
- petrol consumption – car leave with fuel and must came back with the fuel; € 10.00 penalty in addition to the consumption of petrol
- tolls, parking and fines
- delivery and pick up out of office - € 1.00 per km – each way – plus vat
- driver service € 120.00 – only with cars with 4 seat place
- shipping of “Slow Drive Gift Box” € 25.00
- representative car model 1:43 – on availability - € 25.00
- 23 years old
- 5 years of license
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard accepted)
Available tours from Padenghe sul Garda:
- South Lake Garda tour
- Villages and fortresses of Lake Garda
- The beauties of Garda Veronese and Valpolicella
- Discovering Franciacorta and Lake Iseo
- Following the roads of Mille Miglia
- Castles and fortresses of southwest Lake Garda