- Year of production: 1966
- Engine: 1147 c.c.
- HP: 67 cv
- RP: 5750
- Seats: n°2
- Service: Self drive hire of Triumph Spitfire MK II
In the early sixties the Triumph had in mind to produce a new model able to overcome the growing success of the Austin-Healey Sprite and MG Midget.
There were no doubts on the engine and the chassis (strictly separated from the body), both derived from those of the small Herald, but the line was creating many problems.
After the success of the Herald drawn almost by accident and quickly by Giovanni Michelotti, the Triumph decided to consult still at the Turin designer to define the new spider.
Michelotti made a masterpiece and the prototype presented in 1962 at Earls Court in London received the approval of all.
The engine was the well-known 4-cylinder in-line with camshaft side of Herald derivation 1147cc. Fuelled by two SU carburettors, the maximum power increased to 63cv.
For the new Spider, whose production started only in 1964, he was chosen the name Spitfire, in honor of combat aircraft of the Royal Air Force, who, during World War II defeated the German air force, avoiding the Nazi invasion.
The first modifications were made in 1965. New grille with revised grille, new door handles with lock on both sides, coated the floor carpeted and padded seats.
The engine, thanks to a new camshaft and the system of modified exhaust earned 4cv (for a total of 67cv).
|1 day||euro 350,00|
|2 days||euro 480,00|
|3 days||euro 600,00|
|extra day||euro 110,00|
|1 week||euro 1.040,00|
- self-drive rental
- technical assistance
- insurance coverage (civil liability)
- one rental day: delivery from 09:00 and pick up until 19:00 at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- two or more rental days: delivery from 09:00 on the first day and pick up until 19:00 on the last day at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- promotional “Just Married” rental: delivery from 17:00 the day before the ceremony and pick up until 17:00 the day before the ceremony at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- 150 km for each day (km in excess extra cost of € 1.00 per km)
- Leather gloves for driver and vintage sunglasses for ladies
- Maps and suggested tours about the area
Prices do not include:
- full insurance coverage (kasko) for all damage to the car: € 40.00 per day; excess (franchise) of 20% of damage; minimum € 400.00
- petrol consumption – car leave with fuel and must came back with the fuel; € 10.00 penalty in addition to the consumption of petrol
- tolls, parking and fines
- delivery and pick up out of office - € 1.00 per km – each way – plus vat
- driver service € 120.00 – only with cars with 4 seat place
- shipping of “Slow Drive Gift Box” € 25.00
- representative car model 1:43 – on availability - € 25.00
- 23 years old
- 5 years of license
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard accepted)
Available tours from Padenghe sul Garda: