- Year of production: 1959
- Engine: 1489 c.c.
- HP: 68 cv
- RPM: -
- Seats: n°2
- Service: Self drive hire of MG A Roadster 1959
The MGA design dates back to 1951, when MG designer Syd Enever created a streamlined body for George Philips' TD Le Mans car.
The issue with this car was the high seating position of the driver because of the limitations of using the TD chassis. A new chassis was designed with the side members further apart and the floor attached to the bottom rather than the top of the frame sections.
A prototype was built and shown to the BMC chairman Leonard Lord. He turned down the idea of producing the new car as he had just signed a deal with Donald Healey to produce Austin-Healey cars two weeks before.
Falling sales of the traditional MG models caused a change of heart, and the car, initially to be called the UA-series, was brought back.
As it was so different from the older MG models it was called the MGA, the "first of a new line" to quote the contemporary advertising.
There was also a new engine available, therefore the car did not have the originally intended XPAG unit but was fitted with the BMC corporate B-Series type allowing a lower bonnet line.
The MGA convertible had no exterior door handles, however the coupe has door handles.
This model appears into a lot of famous movies, like “Animal House” with John Belushi.
|1 day||euro 450,00|
|2 days||euro 620,00|
|3 days||euro 780,00|
|extra days||euro 150,00|
|1 week||euro 1380,00|
- self-drive rental
- technical assistance
- insurance coverage (civil liability, fire and theft)
- one rental day: delivery from 09:00 and pick up until 19:00 at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- two or more rental days: delivery from 09:00 on the first day and pick up until 19:00 on the last day at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- promotional “Just Married” rental: delivery from 17:00 the day before the ceremony and pick up until 17:00 the day before the ceremony at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- 150 km for each day (km in excess extra cost of € 1.00 per km)
- Leather gloves for driver and vintage sunglasses for ladies
- Maps and suggested tours about the area
Prices do not include:
- full insurance coverage (kasko) for all damage to the car: € 40.00 for one day; € 70.00 for two days, € 90.00 for 3 days; etc; excess (franchise) of 10% of damage; minimum € 200.00
- petrol consumption – car leave with fuel and must came back with the fuel; € 10.00 penalty in addition to the consumption of petrol
- tolls, parking and fines
- delivery and pick up out of office - € 1.00 per km – each way – plus vat
- driver service € 120.00 – only with cars with 4 seat place
- shipping of “Slow Drive Gift Box” € 25.00
- representative car model 1:43 – on availability - € 25.00
- 23 years old
- 5 years of license
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard accepted)
Available tours from Padenghe sul Garda: