- Year of production: 1959
- Engine: 1290 c.c.
- HP: 65 cv
- RPM : 6300
- Seats: n°2
- Service: Self drive hire of Alfa Romeo Duetto Giulietta
The production of the Giulietta Spider, which represented a worldwide success, was thank to U.S. importer Max Hoffman, who was confident of the excellent reception that the American market will reserved for Italian sports cars, and, in 1955 asked to Alfa Romeo to make an completely open car, asking for 600 models.
In 1955 Alfa Romeo made a real competition for the construction of the future Giulietta Spider.
The winner was Pininfarina, that was inspired by the Lancia Aurelia B24 Spider, he designed it with smaller sizes.
Pininfarina made a very classy and elegant car, thinking that model will become the symbol for the young and rich men of the ’60. In fact, the price for the small Alfa wasn’t that cheap. In 1957 the average salary of an employee was around 55,000 lire a month and the Giulietta Spider, well it cost 2 million and 398 thousand lire.
The car's performance for the average time were great: a rear-wheel drive was able to exceed 160 km per hour and had a propeller from 1290 cc and 65 horses.
This car was also equipped with a fast spider version, able to exceed 180 km per hour and develop 80cv power.
|1 day||euro 550,00|
|2 days||euro 750,00|
|3 days||euro 940,00|
|extra day||euro 180,00|
|1 week||euro 1660,00|
- self-drive rental
- technical assistance
- insurance coverage (civil liability, fire and theft)
- one rental day: delivery from 09:00 and pick up until 19:00 at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- two or more rental days: delivery from 09:00 on the first day and pick up until 19:00 on the last day at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- promotional “Just Married” rental: delivery from 17:00 the day before the ceremony and pick up until 17:00 the day before the ceremony at the Slow Drive office of belonging; after 30’ of delay, € 20.00 penalty for each half hour delay
- 150 km for each day (km in excess extra cost of € 1.00 per km)
- Leather gloves for driver and vintage sunglasses for ladies
- Maps and suggested tours about the area
Prices do not include:
- full insurance coverage (kasko) for all damage to the car: € 40.00 for one day; € 70.00 for two days, € 90.00 for 3 days; etc; excess (franchise) of 10% of damage; minimum € 200.00
- petrol consumption – car leave with fuel and must came back with the fuel; € 10.00 penalty in addition to the consumption of petrol
- tolls, parking and fines
- delivery and pick up out of office - € 1.00 per km – each way – plus vat
- driver service € 120.00 – only with cars with 4 seat place
- shipping of “Slow Drive Gift Box” € 25.00
- representative car model 1:43 – on availability - € 25.00
- 23 years old
- 5 years of license
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard accepted)
Available tours from Padenghe sul Garda: